Monday, November 30, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane (in my head)

Today was one of those days that I just wanted to hop on an airplane and fly half way around the world. It's a completely weird feeling to know that there are children out there that (God-willing) belong in your family! And as time passes, I have to fight off these feelings of urgency and focus on the only thing I can do for them - pray. How simple and yet so strange? How easy and yet so incredibly hard? I can't kiss their boo boos, or tuck them in to bed. I can't bathe them, or sing to them, or feed them. I can't even tell them that there is a mommy and daddy who are doing everything they can to get to them. So I'm left with prayer. And perhaps that is the point. Maybe the most important thing I can ever do, for any of my children, is pray for them. This is hard for me, because I am a "doer". And I must admit that sometimes, all that other "stuff" (bathing, cleaning, feeding, singing, kissing, hugging - which is of course important!) gets in the way of my prayers. I'm not talking about the "everyday" prayers - like prayers for protection and health. But deep prayers, prayers about their passions, their futures, their relationships with friends and family, and more importantly their relationship with God. Sometimes I can't even get half of that out to Him without either getting distracted or falling asleep! So I'm going to try really hard to use this time to learn to wait (ugh! not a word I'm good at) and pray. It's so funny, isn't it? How we're never really in control of anything and yet how much we strive to be?

PS On the paperwork front, we mailed out more paperwork today! This time to be apostilled - our marriage certs to one state, G's birth certs to another state (mine are already apostilled,) and our CSP to our state. The ladies at our UPS store are so sweet and gave us such an appreciated $ break on the notarization. And hopefully, our blood work from last week will get to the doctor's office tomorrow. Then all we have to do is track down a notary to meet us at the doctor's and notarize our medicals. Another check off the list - YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I clearly remember those times of longing for my Isaac.I still have it for my Levi.It's so real & so amazing to me how God puts this strong desire in our hearts for the ones He has prepared for us miles and miles away from us. Soon the paper work will be done & Lord's willing you'll be on your way to 3 beauties! :)

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP